Sterling Heights, MI Personal Injury Attorney

Firm pursues compensation for clients in Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne counties

You should not have to bear the financial burden imposed by an injury caused by someone else’s carelessness. At the Law Offices of Kevin R. Lynch P.L.C., our attorney has more than 20 years of experience representing Michigan clients in personal injury claims and other types of litigation. When you meet with us at our Sterling Heights office, you will gain an informed perspective on your legal options and the type of compensation you should expect from the party responsible for your injury. From there, we press for a resolution that gives you fair payment for your healthcare expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and the long-term effect the incident had on your life. Whether your case stems from a car crash, a fall on unsafe premises or something else, you can count on us.

What are first and third party claims in motor vehicle accidents?

Someone who is hurt in a Michigan car accident generally files a first party claim with their own carrier under the state’s no fault auto insurance law. This means that, even when at fault, their own insurance company may cover damages such as lost wages, medical bills, household services and attendant care. However, in cases where a serious injury results, such as a bone fracture, third party claims are permitted under state law. So, victims who have sustained severe physical harm are able to seek relief from the liable motorist or that motorist’s insurer. Determining what options you have and negotiating with the insurance company can be very difficult, so it is important to have a seasoned attorney standing up for your rights.

Determining who is responsible in a trucking accident

There might be many liable parties and contributing causes in a truck accident. You can rely on us to collect evidence, interview eyewitnesses, negotiate with insurance companies and take the case to trial if that is the only way to collect fair payment. We have extensive experience representing victims of commercial vehicle collisions both in personal injury lawsuits and workers’ compensation claims, so you count on us for exceptional advice and advocacy.

Who can file a wrongful death claim?

For three years after a fatality, the personal representative of the decedent’s estate can file a wrongful death lawsuit against the parties whose negligence or intentional acts led to the tragedy. However, it is best to act quickly as these claims can be difficult to prove because the victim cannot testify as to what occurred. Attorney Kevin Lynch has significant experience litigating these cases and achieving a measure of justice for surviving loved ones. Damages in wrongful death actions can include reimbursement for funeral expenses, replacement of the income the victim would have provided and compensation for the care and companionship lost due to the untimely fatality.

Bringing a premises liability claim after a slip and fall incident

When you’re legally on someone else’s property, the owner has a responsibility to fix or identify any hazards that might cause you to slip and fall. Premises liability claims arise from incidents in all types of places, including supermarkets, restaurants, parking lots and icy sidewalks. Once you’ve been hurt, you should take photos of where you were hurt and contact an attorney as soon as possible to assess whether the property owner is legally liable for your injury. You can obtain a financial recovery even if you are partly responsible for your fall, including pain and suffering damages if your share of the fault is lower than 51 percent.

Understanding strict liability in dog bite cases

Michigan law imposes strict liability on dog owners for the injuries caused by their pets. This means that you can collect damages even if the defendant was not aware of their dog’s dangerous tendencies. Animal attacks can cause lacerations, illness, broken bones and even permanent scarring. If you know the owner of the animal, we can file a claim with their insurance to help you obtain a financial recovery that compensates you for your medical expenses and other costs. In the event that you don’t know whom the animal belongs to, you might wish to contact your local animal control authority and possibly the police. From there, our firm can advise on you on how you can pursue appropriate compensation.

Contact a proven Michigan personal injury attorney to schedule a free consultation

The Law Offices of Kevin R. Lynch P.L.C. strives to collect fair payment for Michigan clients who have suffered an injury due to someone else’s fault. Our office is located in Sterling Heights, MI, and we serve clients across Macomb, Oakland, and Wayne counties. For a free initial consultation, please call 586-336-1088 or contact us online.