How do I file for divorce?

Like other civil litigation proceedings, divorces are commenced by the filing and service of Summons and Complaint. The filing party must have been a Michigan resident for at least 180 days and a resident of the county for at least ten days. If you have agreed to all divorce terms, you can submit an executed marital settlement agreement and a parenting time schedule to the court for approval.